“The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.”

-Anais Nin

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Three Minute Fiction Contest-NPR

Three Minute Story:
600 words or less
to be read in 3 minutes or less
Your story must use the four words below:
PLANT
BUTTON
TRICK
FLY
http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/books_music/1999/dec/
Patchett: "I have a real prejudice for plot...I do like a story in which something happens...a story really should capture the moment in which things turn, and, as we all know, sometimes the most important things turn over a glance, a cup of coffee, walking the dog,” she says. “It can be a very natural moment in your life, but the story focuses on the moment when things change...so that's what I like. I like creativity, I like a risk, and I like a little plot."


Submissions accepted until April 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment